What are moon cakes, Lingling?
月餅是什么,玲玲?
They are round cakes. We call them yuebing.
它們是圓圓的餅。我們稱它們為“月餅”。
When do you eat it?
你們什么時候吃月餅?
We eat it on the Mid-Autumn Festival.
我們在中秋節吃月餅。
When is the Mid-Autumn Festival, Lingling?
中秋節在什么時候,玲玲?
It’s on the fifteenth day of the eighth month in the Chinese calendar.
它在農歷的八月十五。
Can you tell me more about it?
你能告訴我更多關于它的事情嗎?
The whole family gets together. We eat moon cakes and fruits, and enjoy the bright full moon.
整個家庭聚在一起。我們吃月餅和水果,欣賞明亮的滿月。
When is the Double Ninth Festival?
重陽節在什么時候?
It’s on the ninth day of the ninth month in the Chinese calendar.
它在農歷的九月初九。
Old people climb mountains with their families.
老年人和他們的家人一起爬山。
We eat Chongyang cake on that day.
我們在那天吃重陽糕。
What do young people do?
年輕人做什么?
They usually do something for the old.
他們通常為老年人做一些事。
It sounds like a holiday for the old people.
它聽起來像是一個老年人的節日。
Yes. I’m going to visit my grandpa. I have a gift for him.
是的。我打算看望我外祖父。我有一份禮物給他。
Hooray! Halloween is coming.
萬歲!萬圣節前夕要到了。
When is it?
它在什么時候?
It’s on October 31st.
它在十月三十一日。
Can you tell me more about it?
你能告訴我更多關于它的事情嗎?
Well, children dress up at night. We knock on doors and say “ Trick or treat ” . We get candy.
嗯,孩子們在晚上打扮。我們敲門說“不給糖就搗蛋”。我們得到糖果。
You must have a lot of fun and get a lot of candy.
你們一定玩得很開心,并且得到很多糖果。
Yes. We enjoy dressing up as superheroes or aliens.
是的。我們喜歡打扮成超級英雄或外星人。
Sounds exciting!
聽起來很令人激動!