Guoguo: Hi, Mike! I didn’t see you in school on Monday.
果果:你好,邁克!我星期一在學校沒看見你。
Mike: My parents and I took a trip last weekend. We missed our flight and came back late.
邁克:我父母和我上周末去旅行了。我們錯過了我們的航班,回來晚了。
Guoguo: Where did you go?
果果:你們去哪里了?
Mike: We flew to Hangzhou.
邁克:我們乘飛機去杭州了。
Guoguo: How did you miss the flight?
果果:你們怎樣錯過航班的?
Mike: Last Sunday afternoon, at the airport I found I left my passport in the hotel. So we went back for it, and then we missed the flight.
邁克:上個星期日下午,在機場我發現我把護照落在旅館了。所以我們回去找它,然后我們錯過了航班。
Guoguo: I’m sorry to hear that. Your parents must be upset.
果果:聽到那個消息我很遺憾。你父母一定很不高興吧。
Mike: Yes, they were angry because they missed work and I missed school on Monday.
邁克:是的,他們很生氣,因為星期一他們錯過了上班而我錯過了上學。
Grandpa: How was your trip to Hangzhou, Mike?
(外)祖父:你們的杭州之行怎么樣,邁克?
Mike: It was fantastic.
邁克:它妙極了。
Grandpa: How did you go to Hangzhou?
(外)祖父:你們怎樣去的杭州?
Mike: We went there by air. We visited many places and saw green hills, blue water, small bridges, and old houses.
邁克:我們乘飛機去的那里。我們參觀了許多地方,看到了綠色的山、藍色的水、小橋和古老的房屋。
Grandpa: Did you go to the West Lake?
(外)祖父:你們去西湖了嗎?
Mike: Yes, we went around the lake by bike.
邁克:是的,我們繞著西湖騎自行車了。
Grandpa: That sounds special. Did you do some shopping?
(外)祖父:那聽起來很特別。你們購物了嗎?
Mike: Yes, Mum bought some silk dresses and Dad bought some green tea.
邁克:是的,媽媽買了一些絲綢連衣裙,爸爸買了一些綠茶。
Yangyang: How did people travel many, many years ago, Baobao?
陽陽:許多、許多年以前,人們怎樣旅行,寶寶?
Baobao: They walked or rode horses because there were no bikes, cars, or buses.
寶寶:他們步行或者騎馬,因為沒有自行車、小汽車和公共汽車。
Yangyang: There were no ships, trains, or planes.
陽陽:沒有輪船、火車和飛機。
Baobao: Travelling in the old days was very slow.
寶寶:在過去旅行非常慢。
Yangyang: Yes, it was difficult and dangerous, too.
陽陽:是的,它還很困難、很危險。
Baobao: Do you know who invented those vehicles?
寶寶:你知道誰發明了那些交通工具嗎?
Yangyang: Some smart people did. Their inventions make our life easy and comfortable.
陽陽:一些聰明的人發明的。他們的發明使我們的生活變得既輕松又舒服。
Baobao: They also make travelling safe and fast.
寶寶:它們也使旅行變得既安全又快捷。