Oliver: Sarah, today is Parents’ Day.
奧利弗:薩拉,今天是家長日。
Sarah: Yes. My mother is coming, but my father is too busy.
薩拉:是的。我媽媽將會來,但是我爸爸太忙了。
Oliver: I see. What does your father do?
奧利弗:我知道了。你爸爸是做什么的?
Sarah: He’s a doctor.
薩拉:他是醫生。
Sarah: Is your father here today?
薩拉:你爸爸今天在這兒嗎?
Oliver: No. He’s in Australia.
奧利弗:不。他在澳大利亞。
Sarah: What does he do?
薩拉:他是做什么的?
Oliver: He’s a businessman. He often goes to other countries.
奧利弗:他是商人。他經常去其他國家。
Sarah: And what does your mother do?
薩拉:你媽媽是做什么的?
Oliver: She’s a head teacher.
奧利弗:她是校長。
Sarah: That’s nice.
薩拉:那很好。
Oliver: Yeah. She’ll be here today!
奧利弗:是的。她今天將會在這兒!
Sarah: Do you want to be a head teacher, too?
薩拉:你也想成為校長嗎?
Oliver: No, I want to be a businessman.
奧利弗:不,我想成為商人。
Mike: Hi, Xiao Yu. Who’s that tall man?
邁克:嗨,肖宇。那個高個子男人是誰?
Xiao Yu: My uncle.
肖宇:我叔叔。
Mike: He’s so big. What does he do?
邁克:他真高大。他是做什么的?
Xiao Yu: He’s a police officer.
肖宇:他是警察。
Mike: Cool! How does he get to work? On foot?
邁克:酷!他怎么上班?步行嗎?
Xiao Yu: No. He goes by car. He often takes me to school on his way to work.
肖宇:不。他乘小汽車上班。在他上班的路上,他經常帶我去學校。
Mike: My uncle is a fisherman.
邁克:我叔叔是漁民。
Xiao Yu: Where does he work?
肖宇:他在哪兒工作?
Mike: He works at sea. He sees lots of fish every day!
邁克:他在海上工作。他每天看到很多魚!
Xiao Yu: I see. How does he go to work? By boat?
肖宇:我知道了。他怎么上班?乘船嗎?
Mike: No. He works on a boat. He goes to work by bike.
邁克:不。他在船上工作。他騎自行車上班。
Xiao Yu: He has a very healthy life.
肖宇:他過著非常健康的生活。
Mike: Yes. He works very hard and stays healthy.
邁克:是的。他工作很努力并保持健康。
Xiao Yu: We should study hard and stay healthy, too.
肖宇:我們也應該努力學習并保持健康。
Hu Bin likes sports. He is good at football, ping-pong and basketball. He often goes running after school. He wants to work in a gym.
胡賓喜歡體育運動。他擅長足球、乒乓球和籃球。他經常放學后去跑步。他想在體育館工作。
Tip: If you like sports, you can be a coach, a sports reporter, or a PE teacher.
提示:如果你喜歡體育運動,你可以成為教練、體育記者或者體育老師。
Sarah likes using computers, and she can type very quickly. She wants to work in an office.
薩拉喜歡用電腦,而且她能非常快速地打字。她想在辦公室里工作。
Tip: If you can type quickly, you can be a secretary.
提示:如果你能快速地打字,你可以成為秘書。
Robin wants to be a scientist like Wu Binbin’s grandfather. He studies very hard, and he wants to work in a university.
羅賓想成為像吳彬彬的外祖父那樣的科學家。他學習非常努力,他想在大學里工作。
Tip: If you like science, you can be a scientist.
提示:如果你喜歡科學,你可以成為科學家。
Xiao Yu: Hi, Wei Fang. Let’s go home.
肖宇:嗨,魏芳。讓我們回家吧。
Wei Fang: Sorry, Xiao Yu. My father will come to get me.
魏芳:對不起,肖宇。我爸爸要來接我。
Xiao Yu: OK. What does your father do?
肖宇:好吧。你爸爸是做什么的?
Wei Fang: My father is a police officer. What about your father?
魏芳:我爸爸是警察。你爸爸呢?
Xiao Yu: My father is a coach. My grandfather is a scientist.
肖宇:我爸爸是教練。我祖父是科學家。
Wei Fang: Cool! My uncle is a postman, but he wants to be a scientist.
魏芳:酷!我叔叔是郵遞員,但他想成為科學家。